Paint the Sea in Oils Using Special Effects (Book - Digital)
Learn how to paint gorgeous seascapes in oil, with E. John Robinson's book, "Paint the Sea in Oils Using Special Effects" (digital version).
In this book, E. John simplifies the normally challenging seascape into aspects that artists can achieve one step at a time. The first section of the book goes over the basics of sketching and painting on-site, offering essential tips on how to select materials, make thumbnails, and mix colors. In the next section, artists learn how to create successful seascapes by exploring various elements such as the anatomy of waves, headlands, beaches, sunlight, shadows, atmosphere, foam, and spray.
Through five complete painting demonstrations, artists see how to combine the various elements to render vivid seascapes. This guide also includes a gallery of beautiful and skillful works of art by E. John for additional inspiration and examples.
A lover of nature, E. John decided to no longer deplete the forest in order to publish his books. Instead, he had his book, "Paint the Sea and Shoreline in Oil Using Special Effects," reproduced in every detail - from cover to cover.
This digital book has many advantages over the print version:
- Colors appear much brighter and true to life in both completed painting lessons and painting swatch samples
- Enlarge any text for easy viewing - so helpful for those among us who find it difficult to read small print in books
- Immediately view any single page or double-page spread
- Enlarge and view even the smallest detail of any lesson
- Download it to any tablet, desktop, or laptop computer for instant access and mobility
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Master artist and teacher E. John Robinson's passion for painting and more than 40 years of experience are obvious in his lessons. Many of his paintings, books, and how-to tips have been featured in top art magazines. E. John's art lessons are extremely popular, and both beginning oil painters and more advanced artists have benefitted from his teaching.
Questions or comments? Feel free to contact us.